We believe all good behaviour management is underpinned by:
- Relationships positive, meaningful relationships between adults and children;
- Positive Recognition an overwhelmingly positive approach, where adults prioritise the recognition and celebration of good behaviour and achievement;
- Calm adults maintaining a calm and considered approach at all times, using language that models and reinforces our School Values. For example, “At Rownhams, we show ‘love’ by…”;
- Restorative developing empathy and understanding of actions and choices through restorative practice;
- Adaptable and Personalised remembering that ‘managing behaviour is an art and not a science’ and therefore reflecting on our plans and adapting our approach to enable all of our children to succeed.